Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana



film: Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana (2005)
language: Telugu
DVD

synopsis: Siri (Trisha) and her older brother Krishna (Srihari) grew up as orphans, making their way as farmers in the countryside. When one of Siri's childhood best friends is getting married, she meets Santosh (Siddharth) a wealthy NRI from London who drives her crazy. As the wedding draws near, Siri realizes that she feels 'something something' towards Santosh. In order for him to be with her, Krishna challenges Santosh to grow his own crop and have a better harvest than himself. Will he be able to do it with so many friends and family working against him?

The Good
+ Fantastic cast! All have excellent comedic timing and there was no flat acting anywhere.
+ This movie was hilarious - especially the usage of the American pop song Who Let the Dogs Out, and Siddharth's extremely expressive face.
+ Speaking of expressive faces, I like in the song picturizations how much they did use facial expressions to play off each other.
+ The characters were relate-able

The Bad
+ This isn't bad, just there were some gestures made and references to things non-Indian audiences (such as myself) wouldn't understand. But it never hindered the film.
+ There's one actor's voice that gets quite annoying. I felt sorry for the actor for having such a horrible voice more than anything.
+ Be prepared for lots of cow poop.

Final Thoughts: Was this movie worth watching? Yes! I'm beginning to think South Indian films > Bollywood, or maybe I'm just watching all the correct films. This movie was highly entertaining and I love the chemistry between Siddharth and Trisha. I've only seen Siddharth in dramatic roles (Rang De Basanti, Aayutha Ezhuthu), but I have a feeling comedic roles are his thing. My friend who is brand new to Indian cinema adored this film as well. Magadheera is the only other Telugu film I've seen, so it was kind of funny seeing some of the same actors.

Rating: 4/5


Favorite Song Adire Adire - c'mon COWS AND PUPPETS! Love it! (btw, this video has Slavic subtitles, so um... yeah) I love the costumes too

No comments:

Post a Comment