Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jab We Met



Jab We Met (2007)
Language: Hindi
DVD

Synopsis: Aditya (Shahid Kapoor) is a businessman who wanders off on his own with after the loss of his girlfriend being married to someone else and the death of his father. On a train, he has no destination in mind and even contemplates suicide until he meets Geet (Kareena Kapoor), who is extremely loud, bubbly, and obnoxious. Geet is on her way to elope when she pulls Aditya into her complicated plan, thus making things greatly chaotic.

The Good
+ the music, catchy and with some nice costumes
+ The storyline isn't exactly new, but it's a really fun movie to watch
+ dynamic between Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor. It's sad they're no longer together in real life, since they do really well on screen together. I doubt we'll see these two team up again.
+ The "dramatic hug scene" as a I call it. Makes me laugh every time I see it!

The Bad
+ the graphics. There are some scenes of horrible green screen work, and using toy/models for a exterior shots that are painfully obvious that they had a tight budget.
+ There are moments where dialogue really drags.
+ Joking about rape. This scene makes me uncomfortable every time I see it. That is not something that should be joked about. Maybe there was a translation error.

Final Thoughts: Was it worth watching? Yes! This is one of my top 5 favorite Bollywood films. I've seen it numerous times and enjoy watching it every time. I'm not a big fan of Kareena Kapoor, but I find her highly enjoyable to watch as a crazy woman. Shahid Kapoor is a favorite actor of mine to watch (mostly for his excellent dancing), but really, his acting is hit or miss. This is definitely a hit for him.


Fun Fact: Although I have not seen it, the Hollywood movie Leap Year is based off this movie. That's right, a Hollywood movie inspired from a Bollywood film. Usually it's the other way around. That being said, I've heard it's horrible.

Rating: 4/5

Favorite Song: Nagada Nagada (it's no secret that I love bhangra)

No comments:

Post a Comment