Saturday, July 17, 2010

Wake Up Sid



Film: Wake Up Sid (2009)
Language: Hindi
Streaming on netflix

Synopsis: After graduating college, Sid is out in the real world... kind of. He's a spoiled brat from an extremely wealthy family in Mumbai and doesn't seem to have any work ethic or responsibilities except to party. Meeting a new girl at such party, he finds out she has just arrived to the city and trying to make a living for herself and they quickly become friends. Gradually, he learns to grow up and she learns independence with each other's help.

The Good:
+ a cast I've never seen before. I've heard alot about Ranbir Kapoor, since he seems to be Bollywood fandom's love child at the moment. The acting overall was very good
+ Nice scenery
+ Good time length of film: 2hr,15min. It never dragged and I actually finished it in 2 sittings. I could've sat through it all in 1 go easily.
+ I liked how Sid was a huge geek = Star Trek shirt, alot of American cartoon shirts, comic books

The Bad:
+ predictable, but really cute storyline
+ I wasn't a big fan of the music, but luckily it never really played a big role (mostly in background or montage scenes)

Was it worth watching? Yes. Very cute, campy movie. It kept me completely hooked the whole time. I kept hearing good things about it, so it was only a matter of time for me to get around to watching it. It also gives nice wrap for your apartment neighbors. If only it were that fun...

Rating: 3.5/5, If the music was better, I'd probably give it a 4.


Interesting facts: Ranbir Kapoor is Kareena Kapoor's cousin. Ranbir's daddy is Rishi Kapoor, whom I've seen in a few films playing someone's dad (He's also in Kabhi Kabhie). This film had controversy because I think they always referred to Mumbai as Bombay. Apparently people were offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment