Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Krrish



Film: Krrish (2006)
Language: Hindi
youtube videos

Synopsis: A rough sequel to Koi...Mil Gaya (which I'll write the review eventually). Krishna Mehra (Hrithik's character) is a kid who is super awesome at EVERYTHING. He's super smart, super fast, and super socially awkward (albeit less so than his daddy in KMG). Anyway, he meets the love of his life, Priya (Priyanka Chopra with extremely long hair). Naturally, she plays on his super social awkwardness and adoration for her and convinces him to come to Singapore. When there, he becomes a SUPERHERO!

The Good
+ the graphics were pretty amazing. Very few Bollywood films are this well done.
+ nice action scenes/stunts along with cinematography

The Bad
+ TOO LONG
+ This movie was all over the place to me. Starting out in happy rural city, to Singapore, it just seemed so disorganized.
+ Bad acting. Bollywood really needs to stop finding random foreigners that agree to be in their films. Their poor acting just really makes a nice moment into a hilariously bad/awkward one.

Final Thoughts
Was it worth watching? Maybe. Yes, it was a campy film that gives you something to be amused with and smile about, but at the end you can't help to think you wasted 3 hours of your life watching something that should've been cut down to 2. Priyanka and Hrithik work well together, but I can't say they're a favorite pairing of mine. Apparently they're going to make a sequel for this, or at least there are talks of one. I'll wait for it to hit youtube or come on video. Can't say I'll go out rushing to see it. Also, all I could think about during this film was how much I wanted to cut Hrithik's Jesus hair. It was driving me crazy!

Also, I'm not really sure why I liked Koi...Mil Gaya better, since I'm probably the only person to say that. I just felt it didn't jump all around/be so disorganized. It at least had a consistent location. Who knows. Maybe Krrish 2 will be better.

Rating: 2.5/5

Favorite song Koi Tumsa Nahin

No comments:

Post a Comment