Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Hate Luv Storys



Film: I Hate Luv Storys (2010)
Language: Hindi
in movie theater

Synopsis: Jay (or sometimes J depending on what the subtitles felt like), is a director's assistant. Problem is, he hates romance and anything to do with romantic films, yet of all the jobs he could've had, he's working on one. Simran is a set designer who is obsessed with anything to do with romance and romantic films. She considers her job perfect and has a perfect boyfriend. That is until she meets Jay. They become fast friends both become determined to ruin the other's beliefs about love and romance. Their friendship turns into infatuation, first on her part, then on his. Will they ever see eye to eye?

The Good
+ Imran Khan. Good looking guy, a pretty decent actor, the camera loves him
+ I enjoyed the t-shirts they were wearing (I think it was Sonam's character that was wearing a Mario Bros. shirt at one point?) Very modern.
+ All the SRK-film parodies. I think most of the audience would be lost if they weren't familiar with all the references to these well known romance films.

The Bad
+ Some of the acting. Again, casting awful foreign actors, yet there were some poor acting on Sonam Kapoor's part as well as the actor playing her boyfriend
+ The subtitles were sometimes off or they left some things out. Also, they didn't subtitle any of the songs, which is quite strange. I know alot of the times, the songs don't have to do with the film, but I actually like to know what they're saying!

Final Thoughts Was it worth watching? Yes. It was a cute/funny film. Even though I've only seen Imran Khan in 2 films, he seems to be very promising. The scenery and cinematography were nice too for a romantic comedy. This isn't the best romantic film I've seen from Bollywood, but it's cute and worth a watch on a boring day.

Rating: 3/5

Favorite Song: I Hate Luv Storys

1 comment:

  1. Liz, I didn't know you had seen this many Bollywood movies! I thought this one was cute, but I'm going to have to watch it again once my Bollywood education is complete. I definitely missed most of the SRK parodies.

    ReplyDelete